Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 2 Gratefuls

Hm... let's see.  I had a pretty decent day today.  As in "not stressed".  That's always good.

So here are my three gratefuls for today:
  1. I'm grateful for a family member's safe travels this week.
  2. I'm grateful I can embed images into Excel files.
  3. I'm grateful my Ethics professor lets me be authentic.  I never get penalized for writing in the same manner in which I speak (which is very casual).  Those of you who've purchased tutorials from me probably know what I mean.  
Let me explain why my other blog is a morning blog and this blog is an evening blog.  While I'm a morning person and really want to do everything in the first part of the day and basically veg out in the later part of the day, I feel some tasks are important to do before bed. 


There's actually some truth to that cartoon.  Some people relive moments in their day and sort of mentally "rewrite" parts they didn't like into more positive outcomes or scenarios. After all, what is the past?  Merely memories.  So if we "play" with our memories and manage to turn some of the less positive ones into more positives ones, even if it's only on a subconscious level, it could have a positive effect.

So back to the bedtime routine.  You all already know about how bad distractions and backlit technology are (and if you don't, look it up... scary stuff).  So after doing the grateful thing, reading is one of the best things you can do before sleep.  If you're reading on a Kindle or tablet, it should not be backlit.

Turn your phone off at night (or at least turn text and email notifications off at night).

Don't fall asleep with the tv on.

Strive for eight hours.

And most importantly, thing of nice things before you fall asleep.

What I want to do is go to bed with pleasantness on my mind.  This is why I do my gratitude journal at night.  Of course, that leaves the possibility wide open for more typos and whatnot, but I think looking in the nooks and crannies of the day to seek out at least three things that put a smile on my face that day... well, that's a good thing (as MS would say).

So there you have it.  My day 2 is done.  How was your day 2?  I hope you leave me a comment with your gratitudes!


And because I like to leave you on a funny/silly/happy not, we'll close with static cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!