- I'm grateful for messing up recipes, I mean like going totally off-grid, and still having the food come out great.
- I'm grateful for friends willing to pitch in and help... in all areas... for all kinds of things.
- I'm grateful for Crystal Geyser flavored sparkling mineral water.
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Friday, March 25, 2016
- I'm grateful for the food processor I got... I made coleslaw for the first time. It's like a month's worth of coleslaw. Ha!
- I'm grateful for sunny days!
- I'm grateful for the birds who fly under the outside stairs (right outside my window) and entertain me with their antics.
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Monday, March 21, 2016
Sunday, March 20, 2016
- I'm grateful I was able to find a store open on Sunday that carried Golden Seal in bulk
- I'm grateful for finding a working Kitchen Aid food processor at an estate sale for $1 (made my own hummus for the first time)
- I'm grateful for all the organic, fresh food at Whole Foods
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
Thursday, March 17, 2016
- I'm grateful that not only does the string for my weedeater come in bulk packaging so I can wind it myself (much cheaper!) but the hand wound stuff seems to feed infinitely better than the small pre-packaged rolls.
- I'm grateful for the documentary "In Defense of Food".
- I'm grateful for friends who stop by to pick up one thing they're borrowing and end up staying an hour and helping out with chores.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Monday, March 14, 2016
- I'm grateful for mid-term exams that take 20 minutes (well, the in-class part took 20 minutes) and then we get let go.
- I'm grateful for when I get to talk to my kids on the phone. I miss them.
- I'm grateful for bluetooth keyboards. Just got one for my Kindle. Yay!
Sunday, March 13, 2016
- I'm grateful that I finished my mid-term, such as it is. I don't think classes that rely heavily on memorization are a good fit for me.
- I'm grateful for avocados. They are life savers when I'm hungry and there's nothing else healthy to eat (I really need to plan better).
- I'm grateful that I finally got my YouTube video to load. I thought
maybe it was something I was doing wrong, but in the end I think it
just took forever 'cause our internet kept going out. Very windy here
Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Today I'm grateful for good food, good company, and good entertainment.
- I'm grateful for finding my notebook a few days before the midterm.
- I'm grateful for dryers.... I had my towels and sheets hanging on the line outside and it started to rain. :-)
Friday, March 11, 2016
- I'm grateful that the rain let up twice today... once for me to take the garbage can to the bottom of the hill and once for me to go back and bring the garbage can back up the hill.
- I'm grateful for leftover rice. So many ways to re-do it for a quick meal.
- I'm grateful my soldering today was a success.
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
- I'm grateful that I got SOMETHING accomplished in the workroom today. Work has been going slowly for a couple weeks (months), but progress is still progress.
- I'm grateful for the several days of rain that made my job today easier (putting fertilizer stakes into the ground around all the fruit trees).
- I'm grateful for essential oil diffusers. Wow, I really love them!
Sunday, March 6, 2016
- I'm grateful I was able to figure out etching sterling. It's not a perfect skill yet but at least I have a starting point.
- I'm grateful that rather than putting it off and letting it weigh on me, I took care of something today that I'd WANTED to procrastinate on.
- I'm grateful when I think there's nothing to eat and then I suddenly remember something I bought and had forgotten all about. Yay!
Saturday, March 5, 2016
Friday, March 4, 2016
- I'm grateful for friends with pick-up trucks... that makes transporting large objects much easier than the alternatives.
- I'm grateful for how is looks here after a rain with everything green, flowery, lush and fresh smelling.
- I'm grateful for having enough money to pay my bills.
- I'm grateful for nutri-bullet... that lets me make smoothies really fast with all kinds of awesome things like nuts and frozen fruit.
- I'm grateful for hardwood floors, even fake ones. I like them so much better than carpeting.
- I'm extremely grateful for my friend who spends her whole day helping me do my first burn.
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Today I'm grateful that I had long conversations with both my kids (yes, again, they both called on the same day).
- I'm grateful for butter lettuce... which I thought I hated... but I just discovered they make great "wraps" for things like tacos and whatnot.
- I'm grateful for the local library having two interesting books on CD... a Neil Gaiman and a Dean Koontz. I'll never get them both listened to before the due date, I'm sure, but maybe I can listen while walking or working in the orchard.
- I'm grateful I look up the answers ahead of time for my anthropology class; I'm not an audio-learning person and trying catch the questions during the videos is near impossible for me.
- I'm grateful for fun jewelry dreams rather than the normal stress dreams.
- I'm grateful for cocoa powder which easily turns into chocolate syrup when need be.