- I'm grateful that I wasn't sick while traveling down south to visit my kids. It waited until I got home. Whew!
- I'm grateful that I found a secret stash of my Advil so I can sleep tonight.
- I'm grateful that if things don't get better by tomorrow, I have a place to go for treatment.
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Friday, April 8, 2016
- I'm grateful for distractions that pull me out of my head (a messy place at best).
- I'm grateful for instant (and I do mean instant) emails from most of my credit card companies. The worst is USAA... what good is it getting a credit card alert five days after the event? The best is Chase/Amazon... I'm usually still at the cash register when my phone dings.
- I'm grateful for the yummy dinner I had tonight... banana, raspberries, and an apple.
Thursday, April 7, 2016
- I'm grateful when there's even a little tiny thing that I can do to help a friend who always, always helps me.
- I'm grateful for having lunch with friends I haven't seen in months (must not let so much time happen between visits).
- I'm grateful I'm getting closer to having the double barrel composter done.
- I'm grateful for the one person (that I know of) who reads this blog. I know it's not compelling reading, but it's something to keep me on track. Most of the problem is I write at the end of the day, when I can think of three things to be grateful for that happened that day, but I'm too tired to y'know... be witty or entertaining.
- I'm grateful for crashing parties I wasn't invited to and having fun. Smelled some awesome essential oils at the Doterra party (probably not spelling that right).
- I'm grateful for that part of me that wants to and tries to trust the universe when I get freaked out about things and my imagination goes into worry mode... which is totally lame.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- I'm grateful that I'm never (EVER) bored. I have more things to do than I'll ever have time for.
- I'm grateful that my kids eventually text me back just before I get crazy insane wondering why I haven't heard from them.
- I'm grateful that I got to use my regular hand model this past week!
Monday, April 4, 2016
- I'm grateful I wasn't doing anything today that couldn't be postponed so that when my friend called and offered to help with the yard work, I could drop what I had planned and accept her offer.
- I'm grateful for friends who take four hours out of their day to offer help.
- I'm grateful that my professor apparently gets as tired as we do and ends our night class early on Mondays.
Sunday, April 3, 2016
- I'm grateful for my friend who brought over asparagus, strawberries, and pineapple cider to go with the fish, potatoes, and salad I made for dinner.
- I'm grateful for educational tv shows like Aerial America and silly tv shows like Project Runway.
- I'm grateful for frogs that sing at night in the distance.
- I'm grateful I had no reason to remember today was April Fool's day (a holiday I loathe)
- I'm grateful for people who like to play card games and board games with me
- I'm grateful for being able to "wing it" when the cooking conditions change drastically
Sunday, March 27, 2016
- I'm grateful for messing up recipes, I mean like going totally off-grid, and still having the food come out great.
- I'm grateful for friends willing to pitch in and help... in all areas... for all kinds of things.
- I'm grateful for Crystal Geyser flavored sparkling mineral water.
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Friday, March 25, 2016
- I'm grateful for the food processor I got... I made coleslaw for the first time. It's like a month's worth of coleslaw. Ha!
- I'm grateful for sunny days!
- I'm grateful for the birds who fly under the outside stairs (right outside my window) and entertain me with their antics.
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Monday, March 21, 2016
Sunday, March 20, 2016
- I'm grateful I was able to find a store open on Sunday that carried Golden Seal in bulk
- I'm grateful for finding a working Kitchen Aid food processor at an estate sale for $1 (made my own hummus for the first time)
- I'm grateful for all the organic, fresh food at Whole Foods
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
Thursday, March 17, 2016
- I'm grateful that not only does the string for my weedeater come in bulk packaging so I can wind it myself (much cheaper!) but the hand wound stuff seems to feed infinitely better than the small pre-packaged rolls.
- I'm grateful for the documentary "In Defense of Food".
- I'm grateful for friends who stop by to pick up one thing they're borrowing and end up staying an hour and helping out with chores.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Monday, March 14, 2016
- I'm grateful for mid-term exams that take 20 minutes (well, the in-class part took 20 minutes) and then we get let go.
- I'm grateful for when I get to talk to my kids on the phone. I miss them.
- I'm grateful for bluetooth keyboards. Just got one for my Kindle. Yay!
Sunday, March 13, 2016
- I'm grateful that I finished my mid-term, such as it is. I don't think classes that rely heavily on memorization are a good fit for me.
- I'm grateful for avocados. They are life savers when I'm hungry and there's nothing else healthy to eat (I really need to plan better).
- I'm grateful that I finally got my YouTube video to load. I thought
maybe it was something I was doing wrong, but in the end I think it
just took forever 'cause our internet kept going out. Very windy here
Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Today I'm grateful for good food, good company, and good entertainment.
- I'm grateful for finding my notebook a few days before the midterm.
- I'm grateful for dryers.... I had my towels and sheets hanging on the line outside and it started to rain. :-)
Friday, March 11, 2016
- I'm grateful that the rain let up twice today... once for me to take the garbage can to the bottom of the hill and once for me to go back and bring the garbage can back up the hill.
- I'm grateful for leftover rice. So many ways to re-do it for a quick meal.
- I'm grateful my soldering today was a success.
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
- I'm grateful that I got SOMETHING accomplished in the workroom today. Work has been going slowly for a couple weeks (months), but progress is still progress.
- I'm grateful for the several days of rain that made my job today easier (putting fertilizer stakes into the ground around all the fruit trees).
- I'm grateful for essential oil diffusers. Wow, I really love them!
Sunday, March 6, 2016
- I'm grateful I was able to figure out etching sterling. It's not a perfect skill yet but at least I have a starting point.
- I'm grateful that rather than putting it off and letting it weigh on me, I took care of something today that I'd WANTED to procrastinate on.
- I'm grateful when I think there's nothing to eat and then I suddenly remember something I bought and had forgotten all about. Yay!
Saturday, March 5, 2016
Friday, March 4, 2016
- I'm grateful for friends with pick-up trucks... that makes transporting large objects much easier than the alternatives.
- I'm grateful for how is looks here after a rain with everything green, flowery, lush and fresh smelling.
- I'm grateful for having enough money to pay my bills.
- I'm grateful for nutri-bullet... that lets me make smoothies really fast with all kinds of awesome things like nuts and frozen fruit.
- I'm grateful for hardwood floors, even fake ones. I like them so much better than carpeting.
- I'm extremely grateful for my friend who spends her whole day helping me do my first burn.
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Today I'm grateful that I had long conversations with both my kids (yes, again, they both called on the same day).
- I'm grateful for butter lettuce... which I thought I hated... but I just discovered they make great "wraps" for things like tacos and whatnot.
- I'm grateful for the local library having two interesting books on CD... a Neil Gaiman and a Dean Koontz. I'll never get them both listened to before the due date, I'm sure, but maybe I can listen while walking or working in the orchard.
- I'm grateful I look up the answers ahead of time for my anthropology class; I'm not an audio-learning person and trying catch the questions during the videos is near impossible for me.
- I'm grateful for fun jewelry dreams rather than the normal stress dreams.
- I'm grateful for cocoa powder which easily turns into chocolate syrup when need be.
Sunday, February 28, 2016
- I'm grateful that I tried fresh mozzarella cheese. It was rather good.
- I'm grateful for my kids, every second of every day.
- I'm grateful that there's a lot I can do with just a butane torch. I know it has limitations but I'm still happy with what I can do.
- I'm grateful that Amazon Kindle lets me read the first couple chapters of a book before I decide if I want to buy it or not
- I'm grateful for being able to submit paperwork online rather than in person or via the postal system.
- I'm grateful that the firing temps seem to be accurate for my new kiln (and metal clay).
Friday, February 26, 2016
- I'm grateful for the billions of things I can buy on Amazon, shopping from home and have them delivered to my door within 48 hours.
- I'm grateful for learning that cinder blocks and wood plants make great book shelves.
- I'm grateful for friends that come over and bring dessert.
Thursday, February 25, 2016
- I'm grateful when companies I deal with have great customer service. I'll give you the details if their service continues to pan out.
- I'm grateful when special pieces of jewelry arrive at their destination.
- I'm grateful for the clock I just bought... that projects the time onto my ceiling so I don't have to turn my phone on when I wake up in the middle of the night and need to see what time it is. And don't ask me why I need to know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night 'cause I have no good reason... I just like to know how much more sleep I'll be getting. Ha ha ha!
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
- I'm grateful that I occasionally have the opportunity to give. How lucky I am to have a certain amount of abundance in my life.
- I'm grateful for sitting on the couch watching a fantastic moon rise before bed and then laying in bed and waking up to the same moon just setting on the western horizon.
- I'm grateful for Rio's fast shipping.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- I'm grateful for teachers that consistently let us go home at 9pm rather than stay until 9:30... This may be the last night time 3-hour class I take for awhile.
- I'm grateful for well water.
- I'm grateful for french fries... not too often, just often enough that they're a special treat.
Monday, February 22, 2016
- I'm grateful for roasted vegetables. I love them!!! They're easy and taste so good.
- I'm grateful for the abundance of streaming options for tv and movies... I'm so spoiled.
- I'm grateful for the opportunity to make something special for people in my life.
Saturday, February 20, 2016
Friday, February 19, 2016
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- I'm grateful for friends who randomly tell me they like me.
- I'm grateful for the internet and all the friends I've met through it... some I've gotten to spend time with in real life... others I plan to in the future.
- I'm grateful for dogs that make me feel safe.
Monday, February 15, 2016
Am I almost a third of the way through on year of gratefuls?
- I'm grateful that I ordered a Dymo postage label printer in December. I freakin' love it!
- I'm grateful that Goodwill has 50% off all day long on holidays. I've collected some amazing artwork from Goodwill.
- I'm grateful for the fact that it's not supposed to rain until Wednesday (I have out of town company visiting tomorrow and I'd rather their first impression not be in the rain).
Sunday, February 14, 2016
- I'm grateful to (again) speak with both my children today. Not too unusual since today is Valentine's day and Monica's birthday.
- I'm grateful that my children keep me up to date with a lot of their plans. I certainly don't expect them to tell me everything they do. And I feel lucky to be privy to much of what they do. Makes me feel included.
- I'm grateful for estate sales where cool things can be had for mere dollars.
- I'm grateful for a tidy and organized house. It's not always like this. It's actually infrequently like this. So I'm relishing it for the moment with hopes it can be this way more often.
- I'm grateful for rice. It goes with so many things.
- I'm grateful for digital calipers. They changed my measuring life.
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Thursday, February 11, 2016
- I'm grateful when people I don't know IRL want to get together. While I'm wildly shy about meeting new people, I still look forward to it and just hope I'm entertaining enough.
- I'm grateful for herbs and spices... they make so much difference in cooking.
- I'm grateful for all the cool recipes I find on Pinterest.
- I'm grateful when things on the internet finally work (after many frustrating tries to GET them to work).
- I'm grateful for the option of having a couch to sleep on if I've been using my bed to to sort things out on and get tired and don't feel like taking them all off the bed at nght.
- I'm grateful for the orchard... every day... I go outside sometimes randomly during the day and just stand on the edge of the hill and look down on the orchard... happy.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- I'm grateful for (again) both my kids (who live 3000 miles apart) calling me today. Always enjoy talking with them.
- I'm grateful that I didn't die while climbing up on the roof today (something I hate) and finding out why our roof was leaking (gutter clogged with leaves).
- I'm grateful that we could hang our laundry this week (instead of using the dryer).
Monday, February 8, 2016
- I'm grateful for the awesome, warm weather we're having this week.
- I'm grateful for my car. I really, really enjoy it. I was gonna say "love" but then I heard these voices in the back of my memory (not real voices, don't worry) saying, "you can't LOVE a car".
- I'm grateful for moments when I don't overthink everything. :-)
Sunday, February 7, 2016
- I'm grateful I found a red wine I really like at Whole Foods (now I just need to figure out how to NOT get "red wine headaches".
- I'm grateful for another new recipe. My dinner was fresh organic green beans, lightly sauteed with garlic, olive oil, and toasted sesame. It was so good I was licking my plate.
- I'm grateful that gas prices are below $2. It's unbelievable, but I'll take it while it lasts.
Saturday, February 6, 2016
- I'm grateful for nice weather... went for my first long walk of the year.
- I'm grateful for Keene sandals... the only shoe in existence that doesn't make my feet hurt.
- I'm grateful for being able to see really beautiful sunsets and sunrises quite often.
Friday, February 5, 2016
- I'm grateful I got to watch Brown tie Harvard today with Mon getting a career high in shots (54).
- I'm grateful for things like pre-made spinach ravioli and sun-dried tomato pesto for days that I don't have time for a lot of cooking.
- I'm grateful for friends who come to dinner bearing gifts... like cauliflower (OMG, it was so good!) and biscotti (and so were those!).
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Well, here we are in the triple digits. You may not know me, but I'm not a great follow through'er. I'm a great starter, but consistency and longevity are not my fortes. So I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to this day after day.
Not that it's a difficult task, but still... I'm pleased with myself for having a perfect attendance record so far. :-)
Not that it's a difficult task, but still... I'm pleased with myself for having a perfect attendance record so far. :-)
- I'm grateful for UPS ground service.
- I'm grateful for potatoes, 'cause even though they're not great for you, they're a really good substitute for wheat on many occasions.
- I'm grateful for people who let me email rather than make me talk on the phone.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016
- Really grateful for all my wonderful customers who took part in my 12-hour flash sale today. What fun!
- I'm grateful for wooly scarves to wrap around my neck in this freezing weather (it was 52... yes, to me that's freezing).
- I'm grateful for silly cats that talk in their sleep.
Sunday, January 31, 2016
- I'm grateful that I can (usually) go to bed at ridiculously early times (like 8:30) if I want.
- I'm grateful that I have a lot of good friends in the organization I founded over 10 years ago. Met some awesome people along the way.
- I'm grateful for tomato-cucumber salads. I've been having a lot of them lately. So easy to make and super yummy.
Saturday, January 30, 2016
- I'm grateful for days when I can spend hours and hours sorting supplies.
- I'm grateful there are places I can destash all the supplies I no longer use.
- I'm grateful for generous people who offer their time and knowledge to help others learn skills they might otherwise not have a chance to learn.
- I'm grateful for people who enjoy my cooking.
- I'm grateful for friends who trust me to make the jewelry they want.
- I'm grateful for being able to put my computer to sleep once in a while when I'm too tired to save all the things I've left open on it.
Thursday, January 28, 2016
- I'm grateful I got to watch Gabe play hockey tonight (not may of UCLA's games are streamed).
- I'm even more grateful I got to watch UCLA win in a shootout.
- I'm also grateful that ferric chloride makes it so easy to etch copper. Silver, on the other hand, is another matter (that I'm still working on).
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
- I'm grateful that I've been able to avoid wheat (and sugar and processed foods) this week without too much trouble.
- I'm grateful that I can renew library books over the internet.
- I'm grateful for the huge collection of reference books I've accumulated over the years.
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Monday, January 25, 2016
- I'm grateful I got my newsletter out with only one hiccup. Here's the sale I was telling you about last night. Click here
- I'm grateful for beautiful weather today. A little cold, but a break from the rain. Not that I begrudge the rain.... very happy to have it. Just also happy for sunny days once in a while in between.
- I'm grateful for figuring out how to cook in my non-stick pan and actually have things not stick for a change. Maybe it was a fluke... maybe it was the crap ton of oil I used. Future experiments may bare out the truth.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
- I'm grateful I've been able to do my gratefuls consistently for 90 days. Whoohoo!
- I'm grateful I finally finished getting the outlet section of my shop ready for the big flash sale next Monday (maybe I'll mention the details in tomorrow's blog.... kinda tired right now).
- I'm grateful for hot showers. This is probably a repeat grateful, but what can I say... I enjoy them.
Saturday, January 23, 2016
- I'm grateful for really good wild rice soup. I didn't know that wild rice isn't really rice... maybe it's related to rice. But it's technically some kind of grass. And black rice isn't the same as wild rice. The color is the same but if you see the two up close you can see that wild rice looks like long skinny pieces something and black rice looks like dyed rice.
- I'm grateful I've got a ton of stuff to destash and all kinds of places to try destashing it.
- I'm grateful for recently discovering the Smithsonian channel. Lots of documentaries on there... one of my favorites.
Friday, January 22, 2016
What made me happy today?
- I'm grateful that I made a new recipe today and it turned out yummy. I should put my recipes somewhere... on my other blog or something.
- I'm grateful that there's always some documentary to watch while I'm doing dishes or cutting up vegetables. Yeah, I know... I'm supposed to be "in the moment"... but I get seriously bored washing dishes and would rather be entertained while I'm doing it...so I'm grateful for all the cool documentaries that Netflix streaming offers.
- I'm grateful for a rainy winter because it means I'm less static-y.
- I'm grateful that going to the dentist is not a horrible experience. The people at my dentist's office are so nice and we always talk about jewelry making.
- I'm grateful that my daughter's hockey team doesn't have to travel during the blizzard this weekend (and send good thoughts to those teams who do).
- I'm grateful for the abundance of good food in the house (trying wild rice for the first time today).
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- I'm grateful for my local post office... which is a wee little thing... I'm in a wee little town. I feel fortunate that we warrant a post office.
- I'm grateful for lucking onto a used kiln last year. So so lucky! It's nice having a front loader.
- I'm grateful for winter fruit. Picked the last of the mandarins finally. There are still more on the tree but I can't reach them. The grapefruit tree still has a TON of fruit on it... they fall in the wind then we just collect them.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- I'm grateful that my friends and family seem to like my cooking for the most part.
- I'm grateful that I can sleep in if I need to on occasion.
- I'm grateful that despite a few soldering setbacks, I was able to create two pair of earrings I'm proud of this week. I showed you the first pair yesterday. Here is the second pair.
Monday, January 18, 2016
- I'm grateful for Goodwill's holiday 50% off days. I got a neat bird bath thing.
- I'm grateful for discovering the Smithsonian channel on DirectTV... some cool documentaries there.
- I'm grateful that even though it was a really challenging day for soldering, I think I managed to get a pair of earrings done... and I rather like them. Just need to polish them up tomorrow and add dangles.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
- I'm grateful for another fabulous phone conversation with my daughter this morning. Great way to start the day.
- I'm grateful that I got to stay in the house today... it rained nonstop all day long.
- I'm grateful that for one my vision and my end product were fairly close. Here are the earrings I made today... and this was pretty much what I envisioned.
Saturday, January 16, 2016
Friday, January 15, 2016
- I'm grateful for simple evenings with friends, sharing food and watching tv.
- I'm grateful for rain in California. I know we keep hearing how no matter what, it's not enough... but hey, isn't SOME rain better than NO rain?
- I'm grateful for community college.
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
- I'm grateful I got seven rings photographed and listed.
- I'm grateful my kids say goodnight to me (almost) every night... even if there's a wee delay at times.
- I'm grateful for all the funny, cool, helpful, and interesting things my friends share on Facebook.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- I'm grateful for going back to the store and finding that one thing I should have got when I was there the first time... still there.
- I'm grateful for going to bed every night... it's such a joy... the fluffy blankets, the cool sheets, the heap of pillows, a good book, and no alarm clock... MMMmmmmmm
- I'm grateful for chirpy cats. I dunno... something I like about a cat with a good talking chirp.
Monday, January 11, 2016
- I'm grateful that with all the rain we're getting this month, it was perfect weather for my outing with a friend today.
- I'm grateful for all the awesome finds we discovered shopping today.
- I'm grateful for the yummy lunch we had at Awful Annie's... wow, what a menu they have!
Sunday, January 10, 2016
- I'm grateful I have friends who allow me to share their birthdays with them... that's a special day, y'know.
- I'm grateful I was able to use a ladder, a rope, and a lot of nerve to try to pick the last of the mandarins today.
- I'm grateful that the local Costco just opened a gas station.
Saturday, January 9, 2016
My apologies for this blog being rather pithy lately. This week was a bit trying... December was a bit hectic.... I have a lot to say, things to share, photos to show... but I need to catch my breath first. :-)
- I'm grateful for loving my job.
- I'm grateful that rabies vaccination no longer consists of 15 painful shots into the abdomen.
- I'm grateful for finding the book Forks Over Knives (the recipes that are a follow up to the documentary, I guess) for ten cents at a garage sale. Tonight I made the bean and rice casserole... it was yummy!
Friday, January 8, 2016
Thursday, January 7, 2016
- I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to eat healthy food.
- I'm grateful that (again) both my kids called on the same day, within minutes of each other.
- I'm grateful that the wireless speakers seem to be a solution to the corded ones that were driving me nuts in the living room.
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
- I'm grateful that I feel much better today (no more Td-induced flu-like symptoms and I can now raise my arm to shoulder height).
- I'm grateful that I wasn't teaching today when we had the power outage and that it happened in the first part of the day (when there's more light in my east-facing windows) so I could see well enough to get a bit of work done.
- I'm grateful that I don't have to take the tripod attachment off my new camera in order to change the battery (like I do with my older camera).
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Today will be reaching. But there should be at least three things I can find about today to be grateful for... even if it means relying on old standards (they are still true, after all).
- I'm grateful that my cat didn't do the meowing in the middle of the night thing last night. I didn't feel well and went to bed early (and slept late). I was very pleased not to be getting up in the middle of the night to let someone either in or out.
- I'm grateful for easy food when I don't feel like cooking... peanut butter on rice cakes, frozen soup broth, etc.
- I'm grateful for cool night air when I feel feverish.
Monday, January 4, 2016
Sunday, January 3, 2016
- I'm grateful that I live in a place where if I need a tetanus shot I can get it the same day.
- I'm grateful for eggplant casserole. Always looking for new ways to cook eggplant. This one had a layer of homemade polenta on top.
- I'm grateful for those fun design challenge competition tv shows... Project Runway, Ellen's Design Challenge, etc. They're entertaining, interesting, informative, and at times inspiring.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
- I'm grateful for watching my daughter get her 1000th career save (via live streaming).
- I'm grateful for friends who keep me posted about their family goings on. It's fun to know what people are up to, rooting for the kids, commenting on the cats, looking at beautiful scenery images of their vacations, etc.
- I'm grateful for getting better at certain metalsmithing techniques that I'm working on. It's fun to get things to work out on the first attempt.
Friday, January 1, 2016
- I'm grateful for finding a shirt ont he 75% off rack at Macy's that actually fit... and then having the clerk give me an additional 20% off (I have no idea why). So I got a lovely maroon cotton winter sweater/shirt for $9.
- I'm grateful for a clean kitchen. Hopefully soon every room will be clean and organized, but there's got to be a starting point.
- I'm grateful for henna. Okay, so far it's an absolute disaster trying to apply it, but the affect of henna is awesome and I love the "no chemicals" part. I just need to keep trying to perfect a system of using it.